One Loved Garment Kit - Photinia Top
One Loved Garment kits were created to help you hand-sew your way to a sustainable wardrobe. Featuring our best selling sewing pattern, The Zero Waste Photinia Top, this kit is cut to your chosen size and shipped with needle and thread for you to be able to hand-sew straight out of the box.
Please note, kits are for TOP VIEWS ONLY. Dress views included for reference (top view looks the exact same as dress view, just shorter).
Choose from two gorgeous plaid midweight linen fabrics for an everyday (and every season) wardrobe staple that your closet will thank you for. Or choose frlm.our carefully curated solid color linens.
Don't hand-sew? Purchase the Zero/Low Waste PDF pattern HERE.
HOW TO ORDER:
1. Choose your fabric and type your chosen view and size into the text box. (i.e. "View 1, Size A") Failure to include both size and view will result in shipping delays and your order will not be processed.
2. Wait 2 weeks for shipping
3. Hand-sew your new top right from the box!
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
- Hand sewing resources pack including the original pattern for reference, a hand sewing stitch guide and a hand sewing key for the pattern (emailed)
- Pre-washed* / pre-cut fabric cut to your indicated size and view (choose from the photos)
- 1 pack of hand sewing needles (sharps)
- 1-2 spools (depending on size) of matching cotton thread
- Video tutorials walking you through the steps of hand stitching your garment (via Youtube)
- Need more supplies? Purchase a hand sewing supplies bundle HERE
HOW IS THIS KIT SUSTAINABLE?
FOR THE PLANET: Kits are made from my own collection of low waste/ zero waste sewing patterns. Fabric for each kit is cut leaving negligible waste behind thus preventing additional textile waste being added to landfills.
FOR THE PEOPLE: Fabrics used are 100% linen fabrics and are thus natural fibers that benefit the person wearing them. Additionally the meditative practice of hand sewing allows the sewist to slow down and relax, thus creating a positive mindset and environment.
*Fabric is washed with a gentle detergent for sensitive skin
This kit is my third kit purchase from Fibr & Cloth. It’s a splurge I feel zero guilt about because it helps me improve my handsewing skills -I find the directions easy to follow - and the kit always turns into something I want to wear. Plus the Photina is zero-waste!